Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer review
REVIEW – Over the past few years I have been very involved in 3D printers and design models and parts for myself. I don’t have enough space for a 3D printing farm, so I am constantly moving between printers and making room depending on what I need to print and which printer I am. want to use. Ideally, I need a compact FDM printer for most of my tasks and I need it to fit on my workbench without hassle. Enter the Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer !!
What is that?
The Elegoo Neptune 2 FDM 3D printer includes a silent motherboard, safety power supply, print recovery and removable build plate. The printing size is 220x220x250mm, and the printer is compatible with several types of filaments including PLA, ABS, TPU, PETG, wood, marble, etc.
What’s in the box
1 x Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer
1 x build platform
1 x micro SD card disc
1 x metal scraper
1 x plastic scraper
1 x user manual
1 x backup screw
1 x power supply
1 x tool kit
Design and functionality
- Exceptional industrial design: CNC machined aluminum extrusion and semi-assembled parts for reliable build quality and easy installation. V guide roller made of POM material from Germany with ultra-quiet, precise movement and excellent wear resistance during long-term printing. Printing size 220X220X250mm to ± 0.1mm high precision. Also supports multi-function extensions.
- Smarter 3D printing: After a print is completed and the nozzle temperature drops below 50 ° Celsius, the nozzle and motherboard cooling fans will automatically stop working, saving energy and prolonging their lifespan. Pick up where it left off after an unexpected power outage or faulty operations. The MK8 extruder has wide material compatibility, and the equipped filament detection sensor will stop printing when the filament runs out.
- Safe and stable power supply: The 400 watt switching power supply can better protect your printing against short circuit, over voltage overload or under voltage situation. The 250-watt fireplace can be heated to 100 ° Celsius in 3 minutes at an average indoor temperature and keeps it stable to meet the working demands of different filament materials.
- Intuitive and user-friendly experience: The multilingual user interface shows a preview of the model and the progress of printing in real time. Large rotating nuts make leveling easy. The hearth contains a replaceable fiberglass sheet with a matte polycarbonate surface, which has a stronger grip and allows you to remove the models without any problems. The 32-bit motherboard with TMC2225 silent driver offers quieter printing at 50 db noise level and guarantees consistent printing for 200 hours without any problem.
Frame material: CNC machined aluminum extrusion
Modeling technology: FDM (Fusion Deposition Modeling)
Print size: 220x220x250mm
Printing speed: ≤180mm / s, normal speed at 30-60mm / s
Printing precision: ± 0.1mm
Layer thickness: 0.1-0.4 mm
Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm (can be replaced with 0.3mm and 0.2mm nozzles)
Nozzle quantity: 1
MAX. nozzle temperature: 260 ° Celsius
MAX. hearth temperature: 100 ° Celsius
File transfer: TF card offline printing, online printing
File format: .stl, .obj, .amf
Slicer: Cura, Simplify3D, Repetier-host
Power source: Input: 100-120 / 200-240V 50 / 60Hz Output: 24V 17A
Filament compatibility: PLA, ABS, TPU, PETG, wood, marble, etc.
Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
XY precision: 0.012 mm
Z precision: 0.001 mm
Controller board: TIGE32 F103
User interface language: English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese
Resume printing: Yes
Filament detection: Yes
Package dimensions: 22 x 15 x 9 inches; 18.45 lbs
The Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer is mainly made of aluminum with some rubber and plastic parts. It’s very well done. On the front, we find the touch screen control panel and the micro SD slot.
Although the Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer requires assembly and comes with several parts, it is quite easy to assemble and the instructions are easy to follow. The following photos are snapshots of my assembly process.
This is what the micro SD card looks like when inserted into the printer:
The following video shows an accelerated timeline of one of the models I printed with the Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer. This model was already on the included micro SD card:
When I first assembled the printer, I encountered printing difficulties. Since I assembled quite a few of these types of printers and was overconfident, I didn’t really use the instructions as I was overconfident in my ability to put them together. After a lot of frustration, because all of my prints started out well and failed, I decided to contact Elegoo support. Their support was not only responsive but quickly pointed out the simple mistake my overconfidence allowed me to make. I’m too embarrassed to say what the error was, but I will say the Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer has worked perfectly ever since. I use a thin piece of card similar to a greeting card page to manually level the bed and everything else has been great.
What I like
- The compact size
- Build quality
- Ease of assembly and use
- That it is low noise
- Filament compatibility
- The price
What i would change
- Nothing I can think of at the moment. it does what it is designed to do
The Elegoo Neptune 2 3D printer has a nice and convenient small footprint compared to all the other 3D printers I own. It is also lightweight, easy to assemble, and works with very few adjustments and movements required other than normal bed leveling which is also very easy. it is well constructed and prints well consistently. In addition, their customer service / support is excellent. I give it a good done !!!